Thursday, September 13, 2012

Grandparents Day!

Here we go again!
A wonderful day to celebrate grandparents! It's on this day in particular that I miss having my own grandparents around.
You really take those old people for granted. I thought they were old and clueless when I was little .. Little did I know they could teach me so my much!

Lucky for me (and my babies), my parents are always around and wonderfully active in my kids lives. We are so very blessed.

I saw this idea on Pinterest.

Grab a Sharpie. Draw or write whatever you wish on your mug.
Bake in a preheated oven (350) for 30 minutes.
Let them cool and the design should stick.

I did one for myself on a glass mug and the design wiped right off after I had a cup of coffee.
I'm thinking since the glass was so shiny and couldn't absorb the ink as much that might explain why it came off.
I hope.

Haha.

Anyway! We had a wonderful day and were able to make my parents (and Aunt - who is also a grandparent. Duh.) a yummy brunch and I think it was enjoyed by all!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on these ! I may have the kids do this for christmas for the grandparents :)

    ReplyDelete